Saturday, January 15, 2011

I like not having burned hands.

Today I woke up and since its Saturday I ate some waffles. yum yum. I was disappointed by the lack of turkey bacon in my fridge to compliment said waffles so I turned on my computer to drown my sorrows and waste some time on the internet.

I started my Googling (how did that become a verb again?) The Royal College of Art and Design since its been a while since I popped in for a visit. A couple of links later (aka the 6 degrees of the Internet) I came across this video on youtube which shows a video of Scott Amron’s Heatswell.

Now I am intrigued enough to continue my search for this mystery man (who for the record did not attend the Royal College of Art and Design but has several really nice degrees in Engineering) and possibly see some of this other designs which lead me to his website, Amron Experimental

Where I find myself disappointed. Lots of information about magnets, which I have little to know interest in, but alas all the truly original designs know as the Die Electric Line of products are unavailable for my perusal, since when I check on the picture I’m sent to an unrelated spam website.

There are a couple of fun little things on the website which gave me the giggles such as the Batbox video , or the Chocolate File

Alas the damage has been done and I’ve been disappointed twice before noon on a Saturday….sigh.

Internet lesson of the day : Don’t post broken links to your work on your own website.

-K

"When your will is broken
When it slips from your hands
When there's no time for joking
There's a hole in the plan”

-Nelly Furtado "Say it Right"

No comments:

Post a Comment